In coordination with the Monroe Chamber of Commerce and the Monroe Clinic/SSM Health, the Green County Master Gardeners invite you to join them on Saturday, June 23rd, 2018 from 10:00am-4:00pm to “Take A Garden Walk”. Six Garden Locations are being featured starting at address 2523-7th Street, Monroe, WI. A minimum donation of $10.00 per adult (Age 12 and under free) is required and all profits will benefit the Monroe Clinic Hospice Residential Home Landscaping Projects.
Featured gardens include:
- Marilyn Sandin-Ross and Bill Ross, 2523 & 2519 7th St – Cottage style garden with raised beds for perennials and roses, square foot and raised beds fro herbs & vegetables, planters, hangers and a vertical garden under a pergola.
- Kathleen Rinear & John Jewell, 2026 Ridgeway Rd – Garden consists of perennials, vegetables, herbs and chickens! Includes 2 pea-gravel patios and a planter made from old decking.
- Terry Goetz, 1919 8th St – Gardens and seating areas around the home, Hydrangeas everywhere and lots of non-living additions in the gardens also.
- Pat Ottaway, 2502-11th St – Grows all her vegetables in stock tanks that are located throughout her backyard. Grows her roses in galvanized containers on wheels to easily move to other locations! Also has a variety of culinary and medical herbs.
- Dick and Sue Leuzinger, 1915 Lincoln Rd – Variety of perennial flower beds, including lilies, roses, hydrangeas and dahlias. Has a waterfall & pond filled wiht kai that attracts birds.
- Katie Doyle-Bauman and John Bauman – 2602-22nd Ave – Gardens are on 3 different levels in their backyard with shrubbery, perennials, and annuals in both beds and pots.